This past week my husband and I traveled to Utah with his family (minus one of his older brothers) to ski and snowboard for the week. We have been taking a "winter" vacation for about 5-6 years now and what started out as a trip about 7 hours west to Snowshoe Mtn in West Virginia has grown to flying to resorts in Tahoe and now Utah. I'm not much of a skier. In fact, before going to Snowshoe with Aaron and his family, I had never skied in my life. I wouldn't say I'm a great skier, in fact I would be embellishing if I even said I was a decent skier, however I can manage to make it down the mountain in a respectable manner (read: without falling on my face or butt too many times!) This year, however I didn't ski. Last year, Tahoe was incredibly intimidating and my soon to be sister in law, Fionna and I gravitated towards the same run for the most of the week....our thought process: we're comfortable with this run, we no longer bite the dust on this run....make it down the mountain, ride the 6 minute lift back up the mountain; we can only do this so many times before going in for lunch and finally, the day!!! WHEW!
Anywho- Fionna and Chris (husband's brother) weren't able to come this year and there was no way I was going to attempt to hang with Aaron's sister and other family members; all of which have been skiing/boarding since they were tots! So- I resolved to sitting in the room all day catching up on reading, starting this blog and attempting (thinking) about writing a book. Well, I started the blog and read about 3 books- productive? I think so! Overall it was relaxing and fun- the highlight of this trip was hands down- getting into the OUTDOOR hot tub in 17 degree weather. I'll be doing that again!
As there wasn't much snow this year, my father in law plans to head back next year- I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Chris and Fionna will be able to join us!!
No comments:
Post a Comment