Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring has sprung...oh wait I saw snowflakes yesterday!




Here in the wonderful state of VA we have had record temps over the past few months.  I was married in December and at 3:30pm it was 58 degrees outside!  Since, the weather turned crazier than normal.  No snow for us this season.  In mid-march the temps even climbed into the mid-upper 80s here!!  More recently though, the temperature has dropped (after I planted my flowers, veggies and herbs of course) and in the past week I have had to cover my plants each night before bed.  What a pain thats been.  Then, yesterday it only reached the mid 40s and were even reports of flurries outside.  REALLY MOTHER NATURE??  I love the warmer temps and spending as much  time outside as possible, thus I am not enjoying the vast decrease in the temp around these parts (neither are my sinuses)!  Just my two cents for the day!

Trooper sniffing out the pepper plant
Snap Dragons!  Don't mind the silver streaks on my deck- minor mishap with  the spray paint!
Herbs; basil, parsley, cilantro and mint!
Our newest family member, Trooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment